Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My first flight

I remember those young days when I was at my mother’s village where we looked eagerly at flights at the blue sky. I never imagined I would be flying one day. Those were really the best days of my life. Oh. I tried to drag you to some nostalgic moments; really that is not my intention. My first flight in the lifetime was from Trivandrum to Singapore. We three of our friends were traveling to Japan and the connection flight is from Singapore. One of us was a frequent flyer and other one was relatively new and it was my first time even though I tried to make it look like I am a frequent flyer . The first thing happened was we never knew there will be a bus at the airport which takes you to the flight! On the bus it was clearly written Air India I remember. By seeing this if a first time flyer get confused how this thing is going to fly may look weird and poor joke for you. But that is life and people make blunders. The other guy with us was holding the front seat tight and hoping to fly soon at the bus. Since I was so clever to understand a bus is a bus I escaped from such a blunder. Now they took us to the flight and we got seated. Suddenly a hot chick came and told us the seat is near to emergency exit and she started explaining the emergency exit procedure. Oh my god! I never thought of flight crash before that at all. After that I never forget the possibility of a crash too. I understood there will be a life vest under the seat and I can use it at water. I thought a lot of time to understand the use of life vest that would float us at water when we are flying. I always needed a parachute and it is life vest there!!! So the flight is about to take off now and I was barely tensed. I thought in mind when something goes wrong I have to break the emergency exit glass and pull the knob so that something would happen to that place and I can jump out. But still I thought what I would do with that life vest which is not a parachute. Now the takeoff procedure started and the lights were turned off and really I felt happy. I was keeping a smile at my face during all these tension so that no one understands I am flying first time. It started takeof and the speed of the flight at takeoff made some kind of burning feeling at my stomach but I won’t move because I am sure I should look like an expert. The take off procedure is over and the captain was telling some altitude and I could see everybody was removing their seat belt. I also started removing my seatbelts now. The senior guy with us told me if you remove it the flight will be falling in gutters soon and they will ask it to put it again. I laughed and told him I am clever enough so these kinds of jokes are not going to work out. Gutters at air; Nonsense; trying to fool me uh? Now that air hostess came and offered some drink. Even though it was enough chill inside I sweat a lot and the drinks came at an ideal time. I started drinking coke and suddenly there was something happening to the flight and it seemed like it was jerking out. I thought it was all over and I will need to break the glass of the emergency exit button and push it. But luckily I didn’t do it. I was panicked enough to grab on the front seat and I don’t know what all I did but for sure my shirt got wet with coke all over. All of a sudden an announcement came asking to wear seatbelt because of the so called phenomena named turbulence. The guy with me was looking at me and smiling and I clearly knew he was making fun on me because I was clever enough to believe there is nothing like an air gutter. I even thought how government made gutters at air like they makes at roads. Then it went on smooth. I was getting adjusted to the situation. Now I understood I have had too much of coke and I really can’t wait to pee. I thought of going and the turbulence was again severe. So the air hostess told me to wait at the seat. I thought I would even pee at the seats. It was all funny and I told her “I really want to pee”. It was amazing to see she bought some peanuts to me and I wonder is it to make me thirsty or she thought I asked for peanuts. After some time the flight got stable and I ran to the toilet. It really took long time to unload the whole bladder and I searched for the flush button. Yea, I found that and pressed. Oh my god suddenly a sound came and I screamed like anything I thought the flight was getting broken and I don’t even have a life vest. I have to run all the way to my seat to get it. All of a sudden the sound was stopped and I could see it came while flushing. I really thought I done something wrong at the toilet and I just went back to seat and sat like nothing happened. I was really waiting for someone to catch me for the crime I done at toilet but nothing happened!!! But I was a real expert in flying now and I really had no worries flying from Singapore to Japan. I am really brave about flying now. I can fly anywhere and even I am brave enough to fly in a fighter flight.

4 comments:

Priyan said...

Ha ha... That was quite funny.. :)

imjithu said...

It was funny... But i didn get one point.. in each and every post why you need to insist on saying tht u r Clever... u r clever... is tht bcoz some1 told u that u are a stupid or a fool?? [:P] hee hee.. anyways... nee ini athu paranju paranju kolamaakkenda tto!

Sushi said...

This was quite funny, i really liked it. Little informative for me... i don know about others... But still you did not reveal everything that happened with you in the flight... Please come on don't be shy... we will not laugh at you...come on do it....[:D]

Black Scorpio said...

first flight is always memorable!