Monday, April 7, 2008

A toilet which I would never forget

Did you ever have a memorable toilet? But it is for sure I will never forget one I used at Japan. Japanese are very advanced!!! Those guys have made even their toilets electronic. Being an Indian who goes to a developed nation like Japan it is all about differences. Even the toilets are complicated. Before I explain the matter can you guess how a toilet can be this memorable? I already mentioned the toilets at Japan are too electronic. There is a control panel which contains nearly 15-20 buttons which is having only Japanese symbols on it(You cant find a single English word to understand). You can heat your sitting pad; you have a button to flush the toilet, a button to spray water to wash your ass etc. So the first time when I was about to take the risk on using that toilet I thought of getting some help to understand those buttons. So I called one of my friends and asked him to explain those buttons. He explained some of the important buttons like. This button is to flush it. This button is to spray water. This is a knob that adjusts the spray speed etc. Then I felt it was perfect time for me to use it. I just kicked him out of the toilet and went on to use it. Being at -3 degree Celsius temperature outside it is heaven good to sit on a heated sitting pad. So I sat for some time and even I thought I might have taken a newspaper with me to spend some time there. But I have to get back to work soon. I have calls to answer. So I thought to leave. Now I thought about the buttons explained by my friend. I just dragged the tray outside and I could recall the button to spray water to wash it. I just pressed it and hot water started getting sprayed. Water with a light temperature is getting sprayed from under. It is awesome. I was enjoying it for sometime. Now I want to stop it. Oh my god I searched for the button to stop all over. Yea, I can tell you I didn’t panic. I am a brave man. I checked each button on that control panel except one. I left one button because I was clever. There was a button with red symbol on it which makes it look similar to a fire alarm button. I know Japanese people cares about safety everywhere and they will definitely have one even at the toilet. Now I really started to get panic even though I am a real brave and clever man. My jean is hanging on the hanger and it is out of reach from the seat. I don’t know what height the water is going to get sprayed if I try to stand and take the mobile from jean pocket to call friend to ask for help. So that option was ruled out. All of a sudden the warm water in the heater is over I guess (yea I can’t blame them for making small tank because no one will use it for that long) and suddenly chill water sprayed and I jumped off from the sitting pad like I had an electric shock. But suddenly the water spray got stopped. And I was happy like anything. Japanese people are really clever or may be I am not clever at all. They have made it in a way that it stops when the user takes off from the sitting pad. Oh my god it was like heaven for me. Alas I have made it stop. It was more like eureka. I have invented something!!! After that I just went to my friend and kicked him for not explaining this stuff to me. And he just took me back to the toilet and told there is a button to stop the water spray even. You don’t need to jump so. And he just pressed a button. Oh my god! It was that red button which I left intentionally because of alarm worries. After this I understood at least one thing. Never underestimate Japanese people!!! They are awesome brilliant except in English.

4 comments:

imjithu said...

Good one bro... too funny... Its good that u got ur @$$ cleaned up somehow.. :D, else it wud been the most embarassing moment for u to call ur friend to help u get ur @$$ washed :P

Priyan said...

Lucky that they haven't installed such toilets here in Singapore.. ;)

Sushi said...

Good.. I don't wish to comment anyway thats already done by Jithu

Deepak Raj said...

hi !!Good read !! May be u can intraduce something like this in India ... It is going to be tough to market .. as with Indias flusing itself is a tough task .. so leave managing these many buttons ..